410 W Geer St, Durham, NC 27701 (919) 907-1233

Bear Crawlin'

Got a nagging injury or ailment?  You NEED to attend the Z-Fit Seminar on March 19th!

Nutrition Q&A Session — Saturday, March 26th – FREE!

WOD for Sunday 031311 – Click Here For Today’s Schedule 
Back Squat
Warmup:  Perform 5 reps @ 40% and 50%, 3 reps @60% “working 1RM”
Work Sets:  Perform 3 reps @ 70%, 80%, max reps @ 90% “working 1RM”

–Rest–
10 Rounds For Time:
10 Wall Ball (20/12)
60′ Bear Crawl

Post Back Squat Loads and Metcon Time to Comments
For the strength segment,  we are finishing Week #2 of the Wendler 5-3-1 Program (more details below).  “Working 1RM” is defined as 90% of your current 1RM.  If you are not sure of your current 1RM talk to your Coaches and they’ll help you determine it. Read more on Wendler 531 hereAll squats should be below parallel. 

The Metcon should be hard and fast.  Scale box height to maximize work and speed.  Fully extend the hips at the top of each Burpee jump.

*SURVEY QUESTION OF THE DAY*
Would you be interested in a CFD group outing to a Durham Bulls game some time this Spring?  Terrace box tickets and some food/drink included?  Please post answer to comments

Upcoming Foundations Courses
Starting March 29th - (Tues/Thurs @7pm) – Only 3 spots left!
Starting April 19th - (Tues/Thurs @7pm)

Upcoming Events
Z-Fit Joint Mobility Seminar – Sat, March 19th
Nutrition Guide Rollout and Q&A – Sat, March 26th

5 Comments
  1. doug Reply
    Paul was like a Honey Badger on the Bear Crawls... but a little wussy on the Wall Balls :) 9:04 RX today, 5 reps at 260 on back squats during the lifting section. Hopefully not sick anymore.
  2. The Honey Badger Reply
    Honey Badger don't give a sh!t about wall ball. Honey Badger sure knows how to crawl. 9:16 Rx+. Everything Honey Badger does deserves a +.
  3. Brad Reply
    I'd be in for the bulls game. Doug you were right, the bear crawl was the worst part. Its a shame about those Heels.
  4. Mike K Reply
    Paleo Chicken lo mein recipe: http://eat-lift-live.blogspot.com/2011/03/good-eats.html It came out awesome....it's great if you have a hankering (yes, I said hankering) for chinese!
  5. shayne Reply
    this was terrible. i can't walk right today. which is 25% of the reason i'm not going in for blue devil today. the other 75% is b/c i morally object to doing a WOD titled "blue devil" the day after dook beats UNC. hello open wound, here's some salt. i don't believe you've met.

Leave a Reply

*

* Copy This Password *

* Type Or Paste Password Here *

12,847 Spam Comments Blocked so far by Spam Free Wordpress

captcha *