Sign up here for next Foundations Class
Starting Tues, August 18th — Tues, Thurs @ 7pm (meets 4 times)
WOD for Tuesday 090818 — Today’s Schedule — Click Here
5 Rounds For Time:
14 DB Push Press (35/22)
Post Loads and Time Comments
This WOD should be completed RX’d in 6-8 minutes. DB weights and rounds should be scaled if you cannot finish in this time frame.
TODAY’S “FOOD FOR THOUGHT” ARTICLES
Probiotics Reduce Risk And Duration Of Cold And Flu
The Vegetarian Myth
Getting Comfortable With Discomfort
**Gym Health Update**
It’s early in the cold and flu season, but we want to be proactive and do everything we can to keep everyone healthy, germ free, and CrossFitting! You may have heard about the possible swine flu outbreak that has already struck the Duke Football Team. Click here for specific recommendations from the CDC to protect yourself from getting sick this Fall and Winter.
We are asking that all of our athletes help to maintain a safe and healthy gym environment by taking the following additional precautions when working out with us:
1) Use the Purel Hand Sanitizer located at the front door when you arrive before touching any equipment.
2) After your workout is over, wipe down all equipment you used with the anti-bacterial Gym Wipes located by the cubbies. This includes all bars, kettlebells, dumbbells, medicine balls, pullup bars, rings, abmats, and GHDs.
3) If you produce a puddle of sweat, and hopefully you do, wipe it down with Gym Wipes or spray the area with sanitizer.
4) No spitting! This includes water or anything else!
5) If you’re feeling under the weather (runny nose, cough, sneezing) consider taking the day off. You can always WOD again tomorrow or the next day. Don’t get everyone else sick!
If everyone works together we can be sure that nothing gets in the way of our CrossFit progress!