WOD for Tuesday 010510 — Click Here For Today’s Schedule
7 Rounds For Time of:
10 Ring Dips
Post Time to Comments
This WOD should be completed RX’d in about 12-15 minutes. Loads should be scaled to allow for proper execution of the movements and to maximize power output and intensity by finishing within the programmed time frame.
NEW YEAR GYM UPDATES & REMINDERS
With the holidays behind us, we are expecting an extra high participation rate beginning this week. To continue to provide the best CrossFit experience for all athletes, newbies and veterans, please help us with the following:
1) All athletes are expected to complete the posted Workout Of The Day. If you’re injured, need a back off day, or are just not comfortable with a particular movement in the WOD, speak with the class coach about modifying the workout before just doing something on your own. Modifications can be made to every WOD to work around injuries or to work on weaknesses.
2) Be on time for class! Missing the group warmup and instruction not only disrupts the group, but means starting the workout unprepared for the work to be done, and risking injury.
3) Scale all loads and movements so that you can perform every WOD as safely and efficiently as possible. Fighting through a WOD RX’d just for the sake of getting RX next to your name on the whiteboard not only risks injury, but, more importantly, will limit your ability to learn the movements and improve your fitness and work capacity.
4) Take care of the equipment! Don’t drop kettlebells or empty barbells. Don’t use excessive amounts of chalk. Put all of your equipment, particularly kettlebells and barbells, away when you’re done, even if there is another class coming in.
5) Keep everyone healthy! It’s still cold and flu season. Use the Purell by the front door when you enter and exit the gym. Wipe down all of the equipment/mats you use with the gym wipes after your WOD. Don’t use excessive amounts of chalk!
Olympic Weightlifting seminar preview! Coming February 21st!